After consulting with industry about their cybersecurity biggest needs, LORCA’s now accepting applications for our next programme.
Over 12 months, we’ll give our third cohort bespoke support to help them develop their cyber solutions, make the right connections and expand into UK and international markets. And we won’t take any equity or ownership over your IP.
If you’d like to join our cyber community, read more about our challenges for cohort three below before applying through our online portal.
THE UK’S DEDICATED SPACE FOR INDUSTRY-LED CYBERSECURITY INNOVATION
How to Apply
28 February: Online application opens.
15 April: Application deadline. Shortlisting begins and finalists will be selected to attend panel interviews.
14-15 May: After an engagement day, we’ll notify finalists of our decision and our cohort will be selected.
4 June: Cohort three welcome day event.
1. BY DESIGN
Great leaps are being made to develop products that are increasingly secure by design. But more can be done to make products easy to configure and implement securely, and we need cheaper or more efficient ways to secure a code base.
Ultimately, markets need secure products rather than more security products.
In a market saturated with cybersecurity products and solutions, even the most mature sectors (like financial services, for example) are asking how they can get the basics right and establish a business-focused view of foundational cybersecurity.
This challenge focusses on these essential aspects of security, including:
- best-in-class patching and vulnerability management
- more effective management of identity (people and assets)
- accurate and automated regulation and compliance metrics for the reporting of fundamental security controls
In addition to the basics, this challenge area seeks to support innovative and new approaches that go beyond current offerings. These solutions should provide proactive, intelligence-led security and shouldn’t be constrained by traditional views of risk or security models.
DOES YOUR SOLUTION FALL INTO ONE OF THESE?
These are the common themes across all three challenges.
- Security by design: how can we provide secure products rather than security products?
- Secure environments: how can we support secure development environments?
- Asset inventory: how do we effectively consolidate all information and keep it up to date?
- Patching and vulnerability management: how can we provide best in class?
- Identity and access management: can we integrate fraud controls?
- Regulations and compliance: can efficient and automated assurance support real-time metrics?
- Resilient data: can we keep up to date, secure and resilient copies of business-critical data?
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation: how can we effectively contain and minimise disruption?
- Detecting advanced targeted attacks: how do we provide proactive security?
- Security models: is there a new approach to business-driven, innovative risk management?
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We want to support cyber innovators in developing solutions that industry has told us it needs most. If you’re interested in applying, you should be able to demonstrate that:
- your solution clearly addresses one of our named industry challenges
- your solution is innovative, and is different from others in the market
- you are at a later stage of maturity (for example, you have your first customers and are generating revenue or approaching larger funding rounds)
- you have a sound business model
- your team is well placed to scale, and they know where support is needed
- you are coachable and suited to what the programme has to offer
HOW WILL APPLICATIONS BE ASSESSED?
- The maturity of the organisation (i.e. organisations that are generating revenue and are considering – or have started – scaling)
- The potential impact of the solution to address one of our named industry challenges
- How innovative the proposed solution is relative to other existing services or products
- The strength of the business model and its revenue-generating potential
- The capacity of the team to grow and scale the solution
- The fit of the programme, given applicant’s growth, needs and ambitions
CAN I APPLY FROM BEYOND THE UK?
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Cohort members will receive a bespoke, 12-month package of support and dedicated space at the Plexal innovation centre and coworking space where LORCA is based.
Our support includes:
- access to cyber technology specialists, commercial advisory support, legal services, marketing expertise and recruitment advice
- remote access to Deloitte’s testing facilities
- remote access to CSIT’s testing facilities
- dedicated engineering support from CSIT
- training and education sessions covering specific technical, commercial and entrepreneurship, and cyber security areas of interest
- business and entrepreneurial mentoring
- international outreach services and exposure to international market
- soft landing programmes and bespoke trade missions
- connections to investors and purchasers through showcases, networking events and our Innovation and Finance Forums.
Full LORCA membership and support is free and LORCA takes no equity or ownership over IP.
What makes LORCA unique is the range and quality of technical and engineering capability we offer. The Centre for Secure Information Technologies (CSIT), Queen’s University Belfast, is a delivery partner. An NCSC recognised Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research, CSIT is the UK’s Innovation and Knowledge Centre for cybersecurity. Cohort members have free access to bespoke engineering support, and wider members are able to participate in regular academic masterclasses and seminars.
Remote access to testing facilities is also available from:
- CSIT’s Experimental Test Network
- CSIT’s Malware Analytics Lab
- CSIT’s ICS Security Lab
- CSIT’s Data Security and Authentication Lab
- Deloitte’s Cyber Intelligence Centre
LORCA’S THE PLACE FOR INNOVATORS, CORPORATES, INVESTORS, ACADEMICS, AND ENGINEERS
We’re supporting a new cohort of members every six months with tailored support to help them scale and meet the needs of industry.