LORCA member SureCert wins TechForce19’s call for innovations in response to COVID-19 //24.04.20
The TechForce19 Challenge, which has been created by NHSX and the Department of Health & Social Care, has awarded funding to innovations that support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during the COVID-19. And, after sifting through 1,600 applications, it’s selected 18 solutions – including LORCA Cyber member SureCert.
SureCert, a member of LORCA’s fourth cohort, is a digital platform that can securely connect people with job and volunteering opportunities as well as manage background checks.
Each winner will receive £25,000 in funding to help them develop their solutions. They were chosen for their relevance to the challenge’s main themes: mental health, optimising staffing in the volunteering and care sectors and remote social care.
The full list of winners is:
1. Feebris – for the most vulnerable who are isolating
2. Chanua/Neurolove – to support young people with mental health challenges
3. Peppy – for new parents
4. TeamKinetic – for volunteers
5. Vinehealth – for cancer patients
6. Beam – for homeless population
7. Alcuris’ Memohub – prolonging the independence of elderly or vulnerable people
8. Ampersand Health – helping people with long-term, immune-mediated diseases live happier and healthier lives
9. Aparito – monitoring technology to gather patient-generated data outside of hospitals
10. Birdie – a digital platform for home care agencies to better manage the care they provide
11. Buddi Connect – is a smartphone app, enabling people to stay in touch with those they care for
12. Just Checking – activity monitoring system for local authorities to help with assessment of older people in their homes
14. RIX Research & Media, University of East London – accessible and secure social networking for people with learning disabilities and mental health challenges
15. Simply Do – the company will develop a virtual community of NHS medical professionals currently in self-isolation
16. SureCert – a digital platform that connects people with job and volunteering opportunities
17. VideoVisit HOME – allows the elderly to communicate with their family and home care providers through a specially designed virtual care tablet
18. Virti – helping to make experiential education affordable and accessible for everyone